JUNE 21, 2020
BECOMING A SPIRITUAL LEADER
I Thes. 2:10-12
Verse 11 – As a Father deals with his own children.
Three Steps To Spiritual Leadership
Step One: Fathers must have the right aim.
Verse 12 – Urging you to live lives worthy of God.
– Our children knowing Christ.
– Want them to live obedient lives.
Col. 2:6 – As you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to
live in Him, rooted and built up in Him.
Step Two: Fathers must have the right attitude.
Verse 10 – You are witnesses of how holy, righteous, and
blameless we were among you.
How To Have A Right Attitude:
– Receive Christ as Savior.
John 3:3 – Except a man be born again, he cannot see the
Kingdom of God.
– Be filled with the Holy Spirit.
– Communication with God.
James 5:16 – The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and
– Commit yourself to the task.
Step three: Fathers must be committed to the right
Verse 12 – A Father deals with his own children by
encouraging, comforting, and urging.
– Mold the lives of children.
Matt. 20:26-28 – But it shall not be so among you; but
whosoever will be great among you, let him be your servant,
even as the Son of Man came, not to be ministered unto, but
to minister and to give His life a ransom for many.
– Teach them to respond to authority.
Prov. 29:17 – Discipline your son, and he will give you peace,
he will bring delight to your soul.
Prov. 13:24 – He who spares the rod hates his son, but he
who loves him is careful to discipline him.
– Provide love for your children.
Step Four: Fathers must focus on the unchanging.
II Cor. 4:17-18 – For our temporary and momentary
troubles, they will not last, but they are achieving for us an
eternal glory that far out weights them all.
– God sees everything we’re going through.
– God cares about everything we’re going through.
– God has power to answer our prayers.
– God will always act of His goodness to us.
– God’s plan is better than our plan.
– God will never stop loving us.
Step Five: Fathers must remember that no matter what
we’re going through, God will go through it with us.
Isaiah 43:2 – When you go through deep waters, I will be
with you, when you pass through rivers of difficulty, you will
not drown! When you walk through the fire, you will not be
burned up, it will not consume you!