Avoid Burn Out In 2020
Verses 8-9 – Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.
1. The Sabbath is God’s solution for burn-out.
- What is it? It means rest.
- Why did God create it? For man’s benefit.
Mark 2:27 – Jesus said, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.”
- The problem: Ignore or corrupt.
- When is it? We Worship on Sunday, but the principle is what is important.
Romans 14:5-6 – One man considers one day more sacred than another, each man should be fully convinced in his own mind.
He who regards one day as special does so to the Lord.
1. What to do on your Sabbath.
1. Use the day to rest your body.
Psalm 127:2 – God wants His loved ones to get their proper rest.
Psalm 23:2 – He makes me lie down in green pastures.
2. Use the day to recharge your emotions.
- Have a time of quietness.
Psalm 23:3 – He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
- Spend time with your family.
Ecc. 9:9 – Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love.
- Fellowship with believers.
Heb. 10:25 – Let us not give up meeting together but let us encourage one another.
3. Use the day to refocus your spirit.
Psalm 122:1 – I was glad when they said to me: Let us go to the house of the Lord.
Psalm 95:6 – Come let us bow down in worship before the Lord our maker.
Col. 2:16-17 – Do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink or with regard to a religious festival, or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come, the reality however, is found in Christ.